This EYES ON: Charles Webster series would not be complete without his "Café De Flore" remixThe biggest reaction I have seen for this remix from 2001 is when it's played anywhere in South Africa. Everyone starts screaming and begins to sing along with the melody. Little fun fact, the original and the remix include sounds and live recordings from Café De Flore, Boulevard Saint Germain, Paris
Getting ready to come and hear Charles Webster play in Los Angeles on April 22nd?Whether you were able to make it out to hear Charles spin for the first time in a long time here in Los Angeles or not, today's EYES ON feature will get you grooving and make you wish you would have been there.
Charles Webster's remixes always seem to grab that one necessary and essential part of the original.Released as the B-side of a two track Buzzin' Fly 12" in 2004, this remix for Justin Martin's "Sad Piano" quickly stood out and became a favorite with DJs around the world. In 2013 SPIN magazine selected this Charles Webster remix as one of the 40 best Deep House tracks of all time.
"Soothe" was released 1996 on Ministry Of Sound offshoot label OPENFURRY PHREAKS is another of Charles Webster's aliases (leading up to his Presence project) with only a few, but very reputable releases like "Want Me On Water" and "Soothe".
More Articles ...
- EYES ON: Charles Webster 5/10 - Lars Behrenroth "Ice On The Sun (Version Remix)"
- EYES ON: Charles Webster 4/10 - CHARLES WEBSTER "Fantasy Situations"
- EYES ON: Charles Webster 3/10 - Randolph "Not Gonna Let (CHARLES WEBSTER Remix)"
- EYES ON: Charles Webster 2/10 - PRESENCE feat. Shara Nelson "Sense Of Danger"
- EYES ON: Charles Webster 1/10 - Michael Ashe "I Don't Know (CHARLES WEBSTER Remix) "